With clients spanning many industries and sectors, SaintOnge Alliance’s engagements are quite diverse in nature. At its essence, however, each assignment shares a focus on developing organizational capability to realize strategic goals. The table below will give you a sense of the scope of our practice, describing the area of focus for each major engagement and a description of services delivered.
|Area of Focus
- Developed an integrated talent management strategy for a large U.S.-based retail organization. This
involved integrating learning and development, rewards, recruitment and staffing, and performance
- Introduced an enterprise-wide process for leadership
development planning for a North American
- Prepared leadership in a professional services firm for
new accelerated growth requirements. We developed
and delivered a workshop for the firm's top 60 partners.
- Delivered a series of leadership workshops on fostering
customer centricity in a networked organization, for a large
- Provided executive coaching to the senior management
of a high tech organization to systematically enhance leadership
- Designed a plan for leadership development for a
large North American retail organization
|Mergers and Acquisitions
- Developed an integration plan for the acquisition of a UK
company by a Canadian organization. Delivered a series of
workshops to the new leadership to create a greater level
of alignment between organizations.
- Conducted on-going sessions on change management for the
Schulich School of Business Executive M.B.A. program.
- Developed and led change management session to facilitate
implementation of a knowledge management platform at a multi-sector
- Guided the development of a dual branding strategy for a
major Canadian retailer. Helped align culture and leadership
practices to ensure the realization of branding objectives.
|Knowledge and Learning
- Facilitated the development of a comprehensive, enterprise-wide
knowledge strategy in a large U.S. organization with eight
major divisions. Contributed to the renewal and update of
this strategy two years later.
- Worked with an internal project team for six months to implement
a content/collaboration platform in a large U.K.-based telecom
- Developed a three-year plan to evolve a learning strategy
in a professional services organization towards greater use
- Supported the formulation and implementation of a knowledge
strategy in an international pharmaceutical organization.
This included development of communities of practice.
- Designed a guide for developing communities of practice
in a large U.S.-based technology organization.
- Worked with the senior management team of a North American
logistics firm over a two-year period to enhance the level
of team work.
- Designed and facilitated the annual partner meetings of
two large professional services firms.
- Implemented a comprehensive plan for team work in a large
professional services organization. This included attuning
team leader roles and developing grids for evaluating and
enhancing team effectiveness.
- With active participation from all partners, developed a
three-year vision and business strategy in a large Canadian
professional services organization.
- Supported an international professional services organization
in developing a strategic plan to significantly accelerate
growth over three years.
- Facilitated the senior management team of a global manufacturing
firm in the development of a comprehensive competitive strategy
|Collaboration and Partnering
- In close partnership with an internal team, developed a
white paper for a large U.S.-based food conglomerate on how
to collaborate internally. Also covered coordination of the
activities of several strategic business units at the customer
- Worked with two business partners in an international manufacturing
firm to develop an optimal approach to collaboration on a
strategic project. This involved defining goals, articulating
how the partners would work together, setting expectations,
exploring the risks in collaboration, and identifying critical
- Developed a plan for two Canadian regional health centres
to collaborate closely with one another by bringing together
the management teams of the two organizations.
- Developed focused client service teams in a large professional
services firm. Provided support in creating a plan to acquire
new clients and cross-sell to existing clients.
- Conducted a series of skills-building workshops for the
business development team of a niche financial services organization.
Workshops included training on listening skills, building
account plans, and team-based multi-level selling.
Culture Alignment and Renewal
- Led a major initiative to identify the values of a large
Canadian retail organization. Also facilitated consensus on
organizational values and corresponding leadership behaviours.
Designed a workshop presentation for leaders to use as they
cascaded information on values throughout the organization.
Connected the organizational values to the development of
- Conducted a survey on employee values and facilitated the
identification of organizational values to enhance cultural
alignment. These services were performed for a high tech organization
with a number of recent acquisitions.